Chicago Artists Coalition helps people connect with opportunities including calls for artists, jobs, grants, and art advising
Assistant Director, Gallery
- Space Management/Installations Gallery and Fairs
- Communicates with artists in advance of exhibitions about specific installation needs
- Assists with plans and manages construction/build outs and repairs for any of the spaces
- Manage and organize Kavi Gupta Warehouse -Pilsen
- Manage maintenance/cleaning etc or gallery Vans and vehicles
- Assist preparators with installation and de-installation as needed
- Works with events and programs staff to ensure spaces are prepared and ready
- Manage Art Fair Installations
- Manage Art Fair shipping from the gallery, artists studios and similar to fairs
- Manage specialized shipping needs for secondary sales Incoming/outgoing. Make paperwork and send with the salesperson or director.
- Manage Local deliveries as needed.
- Work with Registrar and Gallery Manager to coordinate all shipping and communication so it is done to our standards, timely and with nuanced care.
II. Artist Liaison
- Act as artist liaison for artists from Kavi Gupta
- Maintain regular communication with artists (including sales updates, art fair updates, exhibition recaps)
- Manage the coordination of artists’ exhibitions at the gallery, participation in museum exhibitions, and works needed for art fairs
- Manage exhibitions planning doc for projects involving your artists and schedule an exhibition meeting when there is an upcoming gallery show to discuss and coordinate with the gallery team: exhibition concept, budget, production needs, shipping, installation needs and schedule, and any necessary printed matter
- Ensure artists that you represent have updated information on the website and all gallery platforms and communicate needed updates to Archivist
- Work with gallery team to coordinate programming and events for artists
- Work with gallery team and artists on any printed materials the gallery produces for them.
- Be on the lookout for new artists for the gallery
III. Art and exhibition production
- Work with artist liaisons to prepare artists proposals for exhibitions/special projects and offside installations
- Work with artists liaisons, preparators, and the artists to coordinate cost-effective production
- Assist artists in fabrication and framing of works for gallery, special projects and museum shows
- Order vinyl lettering and signage for exhibitions
- Work to Design any special Signage, display or similar