Assistant Costume Shop Manager
JOB TITLE: Assistant Costume Shop Manager
REPORTS TO: Costume Shop Manager
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
HOURLY RATE: $57,000- $63,000 annually
LOCATION: 170 N. Dearborn St., Chicago, IL 60601
Join the dynamic team of arts professionals at the Goodman Theatre! Chicago’s theater since 1925, Goodman Theatre is a not-for-profit arts and community organization in the heart of the Loop, distinguished by the excellence and scope of its artistic programming and community engagement. The theater’s artistic priorities include new play development (more than 150 world or American premieres), large scale musical theater works and reimagined classics. As a cultural and community organization, Goodman Theatre is committed to using the art of theater for a better Chicago. Using the tools of the theatrical profession, the Goodman’s Education and Engagement programs aim to develop generations of citizens who understand the cultures and stories of diverse voices.
For more information regarding our mission, our history, and a list of all our openings at Goodman Theatre, please visit https://www.goodmantheatre.org...
The Goodman theatre is seeking an assistant costume shop manager to assist the costume shop manager with organization of all Goodman shows and projects and the efficient operation of the costume shop including collaborating on the establishment of policies and procedures and ensuring the consistent implementation of those procedures.
- Assist in procuring, tracking, and archiving the costumes for all shows.
- Assist in communication with the costume staff, stage management, wardrobe, production office and other departments.
- Research and purchase supplies, equipment and show elements.
- Track budgets and expenditures including the submission of appropriate receipt documentation to the business office.
- Process payroll for costume department and onboarding of new staff.
- Assist shop manager in maintaining database systems that store show, budget and inventory data.
- Manage rentals of Goodman costumes to other theatres.
- Participate in maintaining the shop, storage spaces, supplies and equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 2 – 3 years professional costume shop experience desirable.
- Must have strong computer skills, Mac experience helpful.
- Possess a management background.
- Have strong organizational skills, be detail oriented, and self-motivated with the ability to effectively prioritize tasks.
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. By dedicating itself to three guiding principles—quality, diversity and community— the Goodman Theatre seeks to be the premier cultural organization in Chicago, providing productions and programs that make an essential contribution to the quality of life in our city.
The Goodman is an inclusive and accessible employer. Successful candidates will have experience working with diverse groups of people and will demonstrate a deep commitment to advancing equity and inclusion at the Goodman Theatre.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified individuals are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by selecting the "Apply to this job" button at the bottom of the page. Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this open position by listing the specific website or posting location. No phone calls, please.