Assistant Audience Services Manager
The Assistant Audience Services Manager is an experienced box office professional who, with the Assistant Audience Services Director, oversees day-to-day operations of the Steppenwolf box office. This position trains and co-manages 6-10 Audience Services Associates (part-time and full-time), manages third-party ticket sales for all Steppenwolf shows and helps maintain a smooth and efficient ticketing experience for all patrons using Tessitura CRM. When live performances resume, the Assistant Audience Services Manager will also serve as primary will-call manager and will often work evenings and weekends. This position reports to the Assistant Audience Services Director.
Most Steppenwolf staff are currently working remotely, though we anticipate returning to the office in the fall. A laptop and other equipment will be provided.
Areas of Responsibility:
Training and Day-to-Day Management
- Serve as a knowledgeable source of information on box office policies, Tessitura ticketing processes and the patron experience on Steppenwolf’s streaming platform, helping the Assistant Audience Services Director communicate changes to all Associates
- Answer Associate questions and serve as a point of escalation for difficult patron interactions
- Write and maintain instructional and policy documents
- Manage will-call shifts once live performances resume
- Help facilitate monthly meetings and trainings with the Audience Services team
- Assist in the hiring process, and serve as primary training manager, for new Associates
Tessitura and 3rd Party Sales
- Manage relationships with and allocate tickets to 3rd party vendors (Goldstar, Hottix, TodayTix) for all shows, strategizing about price points, number of tickets to each vendor etc.
- Add and release third-party vendor holds in Tessitura
- Reconcile income, maintain and communicate accurate data on sales and revenue from third-party vendors
- Sell memberships, sell and exchange tickets and perform other ticketing transactions while assisting patrons by phone, email and (when live performances resume) in person
- Assist in building and troubleshooting offers and pricing rules when requested
- Assist the broader Audience Services team in creating back-end Tessitura strategy and setup when requested
Office Management and Equipment Maintenance
- Assist in reconciling cash and checks
- Make regular bank deposits
- Ensure that the box office is stocked with office supplies and all relevant Marketing materials
- Basic troubleshooting on Boca ticket printers
Successful candidates will:
- Demonstrated commitment to creating a safe and accessible environment for staff and patrons
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with particular emphasis on phone service
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- 2+ years’ experience in customer service, preferably in a live performance box office
- 2+ years’ experience working regularly with ticketing software; Tessitura experience preferred
- Daytime, evening and weekend availability; needs vary by performance schedule
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and Google suite
- Experience or training teaching (not required)
Salary range: $33,000-$38,000 with excellent benefit package for full time employees, including medical, dental, vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, vacation pay, paid sick time, personal days, Ventra transit benefit program, employee assistance program and 401(k) matching retirement program.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references by following this link by 9/20.