Arts Non-Profit Development Manager
CPS Lives is a 501(c)(3) non-profit arts organization that pairs artists with a Chicago Public School to create a residency program during the academic year. The artist creates and collaborates with their school on a project which shares the unique and individual story of each Chicago Public School. Each story is celebrated and exhibited at local community spaces, virtual and in-person gallery shows, and on our CPS Lives website. cpslives.org
We are seeking a Development Manager. This is a hybrid position.
The Development Manager works under the supervision of the Executive Director and collaborates closely with the Artistic Director to strategize, implement, and execute all fundraising and marketing activities to raise revenue and enhance the agency’s visibility in the community. Manage the development of grant proposals and donor appeals, and identify and respond to marketing opportunities.
● Oversee the organization's fundraising channels and portfolio. Ensure our donor outreach is up-to-date and accessible to our patrons.
● Represent and speaks with a unified voice that effectively articulates the ongoing work and mission.
● Research fundraising tools and strategies, with an emphasis on peer-to-peer fundraising.
● Oversee and ensure the timeliness and accuracy of departmental databases.
● Oversee activities related to the organization's grant relations and donor appeals, in-person event planning and execution, and other writing and outreach efforts.
● Bachelor’s degree required
● 2+ years experience in fundraising and development
● Ability to effectively execute fundraising initiatives
● Experience with individual giving and major gifts programs
● Excellent verbal, written, analytical, listening, and collaborative skills
● Proven successful experience in building donor relationships.
● Experience assessing, managing, and sustaining individual donor platforms/databases.
● Skilled in articulating the vision and mission of the organization
CPS Lives is an equal employment opportunity employer dedicated to the fair and equal treatment of all of its employees without regard to age, gender, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, disability, political or union affiliation, maternity status, parental status, military or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $32,000.00 per year2 Weeks PTO and Federal Holidays
● Monday to Friday. Remote MTWF, in person Thursdays. With flexibility to work some nights and weekends for events.
Ability to commute/relocate:
● Chicago, IL 60610
● Fundraising & development: 2 years (Preferred)
● Executing fundraising initiatives: 2 years (Preferred)
● Individual Giving & Major Gifts Programs: 1 year (Preferred)
To apply for this position please provide a resume, cover letter, and two references to email@example.com