Artistic Assistant - Grant Park Music Festival
The Grant Park Music Festival (the Festival) in Chicago, Illinois seeks two (2) full-time Artistic Assistants for the 2020 summer season. The 2020 Festival season runs from June 9 - August 15. The Artistic Assistants report to the General Manager.
- Assist in the coordination of rehearsal, performance and special event logistics
- Assist in the arrangement of guest artist travel, transport, accommodations and hospitality
- Coordinate access to backstage areas with security and front of house personnel
- Assist with various guest artist, musician, and artistic leadership needs
MINIMUM CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Three years or more of college-level education completed or two years of professional experience in related field
- Excellent communication skills; detail-oriented, with the ability to work professionally and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Thorough knowledge of classical music repertoire; ability to read orchestral scores; proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and basic computer tasks
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs; ability to work outdoors at times and possibly in inclement weather
- Must be available June 9 through August 15 without interruption
- $14.00/hour; up to 40 hours per week. This position is non-exempt.
- Nights and weekends are required (generally Wednesday, Friday and Saturday); some overtime is expected.
- Position Start Date: Late May 2020 (specific start date to be determined by mutual agreement)
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
For more than 85 years, the Grant Park Music Festival has been Chicago's summer musical sensation, demonstrating that classical music performed by a world-class orchestra and chorus can have a transformative impact on the city. Showcased in the city's most spectacular setting, the Festival continues to be the summer gathering place for all of Chicago. The Jay Pritzker Pavilion in Millennium Park is the official home of the Grant Park Music Festival, with free seats available for every concert.
The Festival is led by Artistic Director and Principal Conductor Carlos Kalmar, along with Grant Park Chorus Director Christopher Bell, Grant Park Orchestral Association President and CEO Paul Winberg, and Board Chair Stephen Smith.
For more information on the Grant Park Music Festival, please visit our website: gpmf.org.