Artist Merchandise Seller - Ravinia Festival
Ravinia, North America's longest-running music festival, is seeking a team of Artist Merchandise Sellers whose main focus will be aiding in the setup and sale of all artist branded merchandise brought in during the 2023 summer season. These positions are part-time and the number of hours worked per week is based on Ravinia’s concert schedule. Artist Merchandise Sellers report to the Merchandise Manager and the Operations Manager for Artistic and Production, they are considered part of Ravinia’s Production team.
Dates of Employment
- Mid-June through mid-September 2023 (with some flexibility).
- Transporting merchandise to and from the merchandise booth, setting up and tearing down displays.
- Taking inventory of merchandise prior to the show and again at the end of the night to verify starting/ending quantities (t-shirts, hats, CDs, posters, etc.).
- Selling merchandise prior to, during, and post show. This includes helping guests find the right size/item they are seeking, answering general questions about the merchandise, explaining pricing, and detailing payment options.
- Prior customer service or sales experience
- Basic math skills and prior cash-handling experience
- Strong communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to spend long hours on your feet
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours (position requires extensive nights and weekends)
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
Ideal candidates will also offer some of the following skills/experience
- A background in retail, customer service, or event merchandising
- Experience working in a fast-paced and customer focused environment
- Experience using the point-of-sale system atVenu
- Foreign language speakers are encouraged to apply
A Note About Scheduling
Most non-classical artists performing at Ravinia will bring merchandise with them for sale at the venue (e.g. Pentatonix, Stevie Nicks, Little Big Town, John Legend, etc.). The Artist Merchandise Seller’s schedule is based on these events. Ideal candidates can work all events during their period of availability. Number of hours per week depends on that week’s event schedule. We try to determine ahead of time what artists will bring merchandise with them and ask sellers to commit to as many dates as possible within their window of availability. Some weeks throughout the summer are more part-time employment while some weeks are more full-time. Artist Merchandise Seller shifts generally begin between 1pm and 3pm on event days and conclude once tear down is complete post-event.
- $15 per hour. Some meals provided. Free parking at venue.
Qualified applicants should apply online at: www.ravinia.org/Jobs
Application Deadline: May 15, 2023
All hiring is contingent upon receipt of an approved background check. All employees are required to sign an employment agreement and a confidentiality agreement. Ravinia is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating and fostering an inclusive environment for all employees. The more diverse we are, the better we can serve our community and our mission.