Are you someone who is:
- Flexible and able to adjust to new situations on your feet?
- Outgoing and eager to engage with new people?
- Able to connect with a diverse range of audiences?
If so, then the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago is looking for you!
We have openings for part-time Artist Guides. Under the guidance of the Manager of School Programs, Artist Guides lead the museum’s school tours. Through lively discussion, Artist Guides help students explore the creative process, develop critical thinking skills, and make relevant connections between their lives and the art of our time. At times, Artist Guides will be asked to design and lead programs for other museum audiences. To be successful in this role, you must:
- Lead inquiry- and discussion-based tours of MCA exhibitions as well as hands-on workshops for students in 1st to 12th grade.
- Lead guided museum tours for adult groups in order to help visitors gain insight into themes and works featured in MCA exhibitions.
- Develop and facilitate creative projects for families during monthly Family Days.
- Provide assistance by facilitating projects designed by the MCA or other artists.
Required qualifications include a bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Humanities, Education, or Art Education or equivalent experience, a minimum one-year experience teaching youth, and:
- An active creative practice (in visual art, multi-media, performance, writing, etc.).
- Professional demeanor, good judgment, and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to see works of visual art and hear and respond verbally to the voices of other people is required.
This is a part-time position with generally a morning schedule Tuesdays through Fridays, as well as weekday and evening availability as required to fulfill responsibilities and for related museum activities. Ability to operate computers, printers, and telephones and general mobility throughout the building required.
Interested? APPLY NOW https://mcachicago.org/About/Employment
P.S. The MCA provides great benefits to part-time staff that include: visiting the MCA’s galleries, curator led staff tours of MCA exhibitions, discounts at the MCA Store and MCA restaurant Marisol, discounts for MCA Stage and other programs, plus a wide variety of discounts at many cultural institutions in the Chicagoland area.
The MCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. In addition, we aspire to make the MCA community and our environment – staff, audiences, artists, programs, and exhibitions – reflective of the diversity of the city of Chicago and to capture the spirit of access, inclusion, and equity in all we do. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: email@example.com