Job Description: Artist Agent for Megan Williamson Studio
Job Title: Artist Agent
Location: Hybrid: Wicker Park/Remote
Terms: Part time; 8-10 hours per week
Salary/Rate: Hourly rate of $25-30 (commensurate with experience)
About Megan Williamson Studio:
Megan Williamson has been working as a painter in Chicago since the 1980s, with numerous bodies of work and a fantastic exhibition history. Her advanced studies in painting took her to the New York Studio School and Yale. Closer to home, she has done several artist residencies and has shown extensively both independently and with several artist collectives. You can view her work here.
- Solicit curators, galleries, and museums for exhibition projects and acquisitions by purchase or donation.
- Work with the artist to author exhibition proposals and grant applications.
- Manage communications with external parties (i.e. curators, gallery, and museum staff).
- Schedule virtual and in-person studio visits with curators.
- Plan and execute marketing strategies.
- Represent and promote the artist’s work.
- We are seeking an outgoing individual with a passion for the arts.
- 3-5 years of experience in arts administration, arts writing, arts management, arts programming, arts education, and/or arts fundraising experience.
- Understanding of processes related to organizing exhibitions.
- Knowledge of arts landscape (local/national art galleries and museums).
- Strong communication skills, writing skills, and organizational skills.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.