Art Rigging, Installation and Handling
Chicago-based company specializing in the installation and rigging of large-scale sculptures, artifacts, and objects.
Send Resume to: email@example.com
Please note that this position requires physical labor, some knowledge of rigging/art installation methodologies, and the skilled, specialized care needed to move artwork. This is NOT an administrative position!
- Minimum 2 years of art installation/rigging experience.
- Driver’s license and proof of good driving record.
- Must be a skilled driver: Our fleet includes a 1-ton pick-up, often with a trailer, various-sized box trucks with lift gates, and forklift.
- Forklift certification is a plus; we will train for certification if needed.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs. unassisted.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Attentive and timely; must be on time and accomplish scheduled jobs.
- Must be willing to travel for work, sometimes for two weeks or more at a time.
- Problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and a can-do attitude.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions.
- Must work well independently (self-directed) and as a team (collaboratively).
- Art knowledge (either academically, or in practice) is a plus.
- Welding and fabrication experience is a plus.
- Purchase of proper clothing and objects for projects (steel-toe boots; hard hats; safety glasses, when needed).
- Safely pack and unpack valuable art & artifacts.
- Loading and unloading objects, tools, and equipment from company vehicles.
- Follow detailed instructions & safety precautions.
- Use proper lifting procedures when lifting and transporting heavy items.
- Work indoors and outdoors, often in inclement weather.
Full-Time Hourly: $20-$30/hour, commiserate with experience; Medical insurance & 401k.
As a woman-owned business, Methods and Materials is committed to providing an inclusive workplace.
We know that concerns about “what if I am not the right fit” often discourage people from applying for opportunities. Don’t see this posting as a set of boxes to tick—If this is a job that excites you, we hope you’ll apply! We are interested in resumes, yes, but also unique backgrounds, experiences, points of view, etc. that a person can bring to the table. We are a team of creative people, all providing different qualities that make working together effective and fun.