One River School of Art + Design is on an ambitious plan to "transform art education" across America, and we are seeking compelling educators to join our company and grow with us. One River has become the voice for contemporary art and design education within its communities. We have developed a new method for teaching that celebrates what is current and relevant in today's art and design worlds.
We are looking for experienced instructors with a desire to teach a wide variety of classes to students of all ages that includes the following subjects: drawing, painting, sculpture, mixed media, cartooning and manga, digital art making, graphic design, and animation.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about art & creative education
- Focused on great student outcomes and making sure students have fun
- Experienced teaching K-12, always prepared, and open to new ideas
- An outgoing teacher that enjoys talking!
- Aspirational company that delivers exceptional art experiences to students of all ages
- Seeking people who want to learn and grow with us
- Fun and fast paced place to work where we work hard, collaborate and strive for excellence
- BFA, BA, MA, MFA or comparable experience (5 years +).
- 1-2 years of experience teaching art at structured or alternative programs required.
- Strong technical skills and subject matter expertise required.
- Significant first-hand experience in studio and/or digital art with various classroom management techniques under your belt required.
- Passion for working with people and creating a fun / interactive experience is a must!
- Ability to travel and work onsite in Evanston, IL.
One River is an Equal Opportunity Employer institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, pregnancy or marital status in employment or the provision of services and is an equal access/equal opportunity employer.