Art Handler/ Driver - The Icon Group
The ICON Group, one of Chicago's oldest and most experienced art handling companies is looking for a driver/art handler. The position entails shipping, packing, and installing fine art, artifacts, and antique furniture. Potential candidates would work with our current staff on company trucks assisting museums, businesses, galleries, and private collectors with their art handling needs. The company runs a bi-weekly shuttle between Chicago and New York which includes extra hours and increased pay.
The driver/art handler position would have potential for full time and overtime hours. Hours can be flexible as weekly and daily schedules will vary. We are looking for a candidate with a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and an interest in the varied challenges presented by the art services field. After initial probationary period Icon offers a group health insurance benefit paid time off and a company 401k plan.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Fine Art background preferred
- Knowledge of various art mediums
- Art Handling/Preparator experience
- Work experience at a museum or gallery
- Registrar experience
- Must be 25 years old to drive company vehicles
- Illinois C-Class (Non-CDL) Driver's License with clean driving record
*Required to drive our company vehicles- in house training is available.
- Experience driving a straight truck preferred
- Ability to lift 70 lbs
To apply please email
resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org