Art Gallery Attendant
The Robert F. DeCaprio Art Gallery at Moraine Valley Community College is looking for a preparator to assist in all tasks related to installation and deinstallation.
- Greet guests and answer questions
- Direct guests who need assistance around the building
- Supervise the gallery and any other spaces showing art
- Record attendance and any comments or concerns
- Arrive and leave on time for scheduled shifts
- Close up and turn off lights as needed
- Additional duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- Some experience in customer experience or hospitality preferred
- Experience and interest in art and/or performance preferred
- Ability to work a customer-facing position involving communication and customer service
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
Hours- Varies as needed, primarily 4:45-7pm weekdays, 9-4:30 Saturdays
This is an on call position and you will receive ample notice before needed. This job is ideal for an artist with a busy schedule.
Please email email@example.com with your resume.
Other On Call Job Opportunities available in the Fine & Performing Arts Building including box office, house manager, concessions, gallery attendant, based on experience and interest. If you are interested in more hours, there is space for that here.