Art Gallery Associate | Joel Oppenheimer Gallery
Well established Chicago art gallery in business for over 50 years is seeking an individual for a multi-skilled position. This position involves general gallery tasks such as hanging artwork, unpacking and packaging artwork, direct in person client contact, internet sales, web design, development and marketing. Salary, commission, and full health benefits.
This is a full time position, 9:30 AM to 6PM, Tuesday through Saturday with health benefits and paid holidays.
- Must have a strong, self-directed work ethic.
- Bachelor’s of Arts or Higher (Master’s degree preferable)
- Basic knowledge of art history (16th through 21st century)
- Knowledge of traditional and modern print-making methods
- Experience handling delicate paper and art materials.
- At least 3 years of previous work experience.
- Able to comfortably lift 50 pounds
- Able to type 50 word per minute or higher
- Experience with web-based Content Management Solutions.
- Experience with social media brand development.
- Experience communicating clearly with clients and high net-worth individuals.
- Experience with digital photography and lighting artwork.
- Previous Sales Experience.