Art Consulting, Project Assistant
PROJECT ASSISTANT ROLE:
DeGroot Fine Art (DFA), located in Chicago, IL, is seeking a motivated professional to join our team during a pivotal and exciting time of growth. Our consulting firm specializes in bespoke solutions for corporate entities. Our art consultants work with corporate and occasionally private clients to manage art collections and provide creative collaborations that enrich the workspace, home, and local art community.
This Project Assistant (IC) role is an Independent Contractor position, with the potential to convert to a Full-Time, permanent position after 6 months of hire. This role reports directly to the Principal/Owner and has no direct reports. You may be a great fit if you have a genuine interest in contemporary art, are proactive, motivated by making an impact, and have a keen sense of organization and detail. Working with a small team of 5, you’ll support a diverse array of projects & clients.
This position requires work to generally be performed in person within core business hours (9:30 am – 5:30 pm) Monday – Friday, with flexibility to manage increased workloads on evenings and weekends as business needs arise. Local and national travel to and from client work sites is required.
$17-$20/hour with the potential to convert to perm/FT after 6 months.
Incredible travel experiences to major destinations in the continental United States. All eligible travel expenses in the performance of work are provided for by DeGroot Fine Art.
- Assist project managers with documentation, art research, & miscellaneous support tasks as needed for specific projects.
- Write, edit, and fabricate artwork labels.
- Assist at art installations and assemble cleaning care guides for each install.
- Photograph art for documentation & art installations/activities.
- Help with general office marketing efforts, including social media
- Coordinate studio & gallery visits for DFA staff.
- Maintain organization of art inventory in the DFA office. Ensure all art deliveries received are labeled & documented as received.
- Monitor DFA's phone line and general email account-- promptly addressing artist & new business inquiries.
- Keep track of office supply and installation material quantities. Manage orders for new items when needed.
- General office upkeep & organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art History, Arts Administration, Gallery Management, Studio Art, or related field.
- Experience in arts, administration, or other related fields a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and equivalent Google platform programs
- As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination
OTHER THINGS TO CONSIDER:
- Strong client and interpersonal communications (oral and written)
- Experience with contributing to a brand or company’s social media and marketing platforms (community engagement, curating posts, blogging)
- Flexibility to thrive amongst a variety of personalities and work styles
- Desire to operate in the space between the art and corporate communities
- Aptitude for organization, critical thinking, and navigating ambiguity
- Photoshop and graphic design skills are a plus
- Project implementation requires standing or walking for extended periods of time
- Access to transportation or a personal vehicle is necessary to meet the in-person attendance requirement for this position as well as travel to external locations/sites.
LET’S DO THIS!
This role will remain open until filled. To apply, please send a letter of interest along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the above job title in the subject line.
We regret that due to the number of applicants, we are unable to respond to every submission. Please no walk-ins or phone calls.
*Please note that this job posting does not constitute an offer of employment. Final candidates will receive a contract denoting the start and end date for this project, as well as a list of expected deliverables. DFA will not provide any tools or equipment to the independent contractor unless necessary for the function of its business.