Art Consulting Assistant
Chicago-based contemporary art consulting business seeks part-time assistant to join the team. Assistant will work closely with founder and owner of business to support short- and long-term projects. The candidate should be comfortable taking direction, interfacing with clients, meeting short deadlines, problem solving, and working in a fast-paced environment.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone beginning their career in the contemporary arts with a willingness to experience a vast array of projects and creative endeavors. This position will start at 20hrs a week with possibility for increase.
- Assist with developing PowerPoint presentations for client meetings, often working under short-term deadlines
- Create digital renderings, using photoshop or comparable platforms, of artwork installations and mock-up curatorial plans
- Support founder in project management including communicating with artists, framers, preparators, contract workers, art handlers, and clients. Assistant will answer questions and assist in problem-solving for clients when founder is on location or otherwise occupied
- Assist with general artwork/exhibition management including: packing art for installation offsite, rendering vinyl specs and having them printed, moving artwork, hanging and light installation work, general art handling and installation buildout experience preferred
- General administrative support including: answering phones, taking messages, answering and managing emails, general social media management, writing newsletters
- Bachelor’s degree in Art History, Studio Art, or related field, or in the final year of schooling
- Excellent communication skills; an ability to speak professionally to clients is a must
- Experience with general art handling and exhibition prep
- Experience with reading blueprints or architectural renderings and making mock-up digital models preferred, not a requirement
- Willingness to travel throughout Chicago a must; this position will entail meeting off site at client locations, picking up and dropping off work at framers, and other various site visits. Having a car isn’t mandatory but would be helpful and if the individual doesn’t have a car they should be comfortable with public transit
- Minimum two year’s experience in arts professional setting
- Sketchup/Photoshop/Illustrator/Powerpoint, excel experience needed
- General interest and knowledge of contemporary Chicago art scene
To apply, please email a Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted through December 23rd.