Art Camp Counselor
For more information and to apply please visit our website at: https://elkgroveparks.bamboohr...
Under the direct supervision of the Art/Special Events Manager, the Art Camp Counselor is responsible for assisting in the creation and implementation of Art Camp curriculum, guiding and instructing campers, and other leadership duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist in the creation and implementation of curriculum for all ages of the Summer Art Camp
- Plan and supervise weekly field trip, including transportation
- Supervise and swim with campers during swim time
- Assist students with projects including set-up and clean-up
- Communicate effectively and professionally with participants, parents and staff
- Work within a budget
- Perform the job safely and in compliance with District policies, procedures, work and safety rules, and the employee handbook
- Maintain positive and effective working relationships with other employees
- If required to drive, you must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid driver’s license and be comfortable driving a 14 passenger bus.
- Must have a valid Illinois Driver’s license and comfortable driving a 14-passenger bus
- Must be able to work the entire duration of the summer
- Demonstrate the ability to provide leadership
- Organized, creative, flexible, and effective communication skills
- Good knowledge of pertinent safety precautions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- One to three years of training/experience in the visual arts field and/or with camps
- Some college education preferred