Apply to be a Touring Artist with Urban Gateways!
Urban Gateways is looking for artists/groups to join the diverse roster of Touring Performances for school and community audiences across the Chicago area for the 2020-2021 season. We are looking for professional performers who are passionate about sharing their art with students, families, and general audiences and can also provide cohesive educational background information in an engaging way.
Urban Gateways is a non-profit arts partner, not an agency. The objective of this program area is to thoughtfully expose audiences to a wide variety of artistic disciplines and cultures through live performances. Roster artists receive professional development opportunities, administrative support, regular feedback, and various other perks.
URBAN GATEWAYS TOURING PERFORMANCES:
- Are 40-minutes in length;
- Showcase high quality performing arts, backed by a strong educational foundation;
- Are full arts experiences that include visual elements such as sets and/or costumes appropriate for the show;
- Are adaptable for various settings ranging from fully-equipped school auditoriums to bare-bones community venues;
- Artists must provide all necessary technical elements, though some sites may be able to provide select items. When required, artists must provide their own amplification systems.
- Have been designed specifically with primarily youth audiences in mind;
- Approximately 80% of performances take place in school settings, 20% occur in community venues (libraries, parks, etc).
- Artists may determine their own grade range (ex. PreK-5, K-8, 9-12, etc) for school performances, however, a broader range typically results in more inquiries/bookings. The majority of Urban Gateways school partners serve K-8th grades.
- Are arts-focused.
- We present dance, music, and theater, as well as multidisciplinary shows. All are encouraged to apply.
To apply, you must submit the following by 5pm on Monday, March 23, 2020:
- A completed ONLINE APPLICATION
- Supplemental Materials: Materials must be submitted online (preferred) or postmarked by Monday, March 23, 2020. All materials must be received or postmarked by this date for application to be considered.