Advertising Marketing Assistant
Advertising Marketing Assistant
Steppenwolf Theatre Company is seeking candidates for the full-time position of Advertising Marketing Assistant. This position is a member of the administrative staff and an active participant in the planning and execution of Marketing Department initiatives and efforts to draw attention to the productions on our stages and expand our audience. This role reports to the Senior Marketing Director and supports the organization’s single ticket initiatives, membership campaigns, advertising campaigns, and day-to-day departmental administration as needed.
Steppenwolf’s artistic ambitions are made possible by its incredible workforce of individuals, who help create a culture of inclusivity, collaboration and accountability. To that end, we attempt to use an anti-oppressive and anti-racist lens in our roles and everyday decision-making. Join us in this ongoing process, as we navigate, together, our complex world.
Areas of Responsibility:
Provide advertising support for single ticket, membership and general branding campaigns, which may include:
- Communicating plans with ad reps and placing advertising insertion orders
- Ad trafficking (submitting ad request forms to the design team, routing ads for edits and ensuring ads are submitted in time)
- Copywriting and creation of other assets for advertising promotions as needed (unique URLs, paid social media post copy, recommended targeting parameters, etc.)
- Support in analyzing metrics and reporting results of efforts
- Researching new advertising outlets to support our efforts to diversify our communication platforms and audience
Single Ticket, Membership and Other Promotional Support
Though needs will vary by production, ongoing efforts may include:
- Assistance in the development and execution of promotional materials (posters, mailers, etc.): building timelines; coordinating needs with internal team and external vendors to meet deadlines; submitting design requests to the design team; routing materials and compiling edits; copywriting and editing assistance
- Coordinating material distribution (lobby materials; community material distribution; etc.)
- Creation, tracking and execution of marketing ticket vouchers and program stuffers
- Development of and/or assistance at events (buzz building community nights, helping with audience response video tapings, helping coordinate efforts for member new building tours, etc.) and assist in partnership opportunities with other organizations
- Other efforts as programming, goals and needs develop
- Maintain budget spreadsheets and ensure records are up-to-date
- Process incoming departmental invoices and assist in budget reconciliation
Misc. / General Support
- This position provides general support to the department on an ongoing basis.That assistance may include maintaining departmental archives; scheduling meetings; helping at marketing events; and other assigned tasks as needed.
Successful candidates will be:
- Self-starter with passion and curiosity for marketing, advertising & analytics
- Exceptional project executor, with strong project management and time management skills
- Detail-oriented and deadline-driven
- Fantastic collaborator and team player with excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience and familiarity with the Chicago theatre community is a plus, but not required. Steppenwolf gives preference to candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for equity, diversity and inclusion.
Salary range: $34,000-$37,500 with excellent benefit package for full time employees, including medical, dental, vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, vacation pay, paid sick time, personal days, Ventra transit benefit program, employee assistance program and 401(k) matching retirement program.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references by following this link by 11/6