Administrative Assistant/Front Desk Receptionist
Northside Music Academy, a fast-growing music school in the northwest area of Chicago, is seeking an administrative assistant/front desk receptionist to work in our fast-paced, friendly environment. This will be a full-position (35-40 hours per week).
The ideal candidate is highly organized, has a friendly and professional attitude, is comfortable working with students/parents, has excellent communication skills, works well independently as well as in a team, has good computer skills, and has some experience with social media and marketing. Experience in/passion for music and working with kids is also a huge plus!
TO APPLY: please email a cover letter and resume to the listed email address. No phone calls please.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Opening and closing the school
- Answering phone calls
- Scheduling and registering new students
- Communicating with prospective, current and former students via phone, email or mail.
- Keeping teachers up to date and supporting them administratively
- Working closely with the other staff to accomplish project goals and ensure cohesivity of the operations
- Assisting during student recitals (twice a year on Sundays)
- Attending occasional staff meetings
- Light cleaning to maintain a tidy office, waiting area and classrooms
- Other administrative duties as assigned by the director
- Minimum of High-School Diploma required
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Computer experience (Google Suite - especially Google Sheets, Mac OS)
- Comfortable with selling our services (music lessons for kids)
- Able to manage multiple, busy calendars simultaneously
- Comfortable with occasional multitasking and working in an environment with distractions
- Familiarity with popular social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok)
- Strong work ethic
- Must have reliable transportation with valid IL driver’s license
Some experience with marketing and advertising is a plus, including email marketing and general copywriting. Prior experience in customer service and academic settings preferred. Some graphic design experience is also a plus.
HOURS and BENEFITS
Rotating schedule for Monday/Friday between mornings (9am - 5pm) and afternoon/evenings (1pm - 9pm) and Saturdays 8.30am - 4.00pm. Each staff will have two days off per week. Health insurance and one week PTO provided.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: competitive pay based on qualifications and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
All unvaccinated individuals are required to wear a mask, social distancing, regular sanitization.