The Creative Chicago Reuse Exchange (CCRx) is looking for an energetic and experienced part-time administrative assistant to support our Executive Director and other team members with program administration. This is a part-time, hybrid contract position. CCRx is an emerging nonprofit organization that provides donated surplus materials, supplies and equipment to Chicago teachers, nonprofits, arts and community groups. We believe that trash is just a failure of imagination and we foster creativity and sustainability through creative reuse programs, products and events. The CCRx Warehouse is located at 2124 W. 82nd Place, on the Southwest side of Chicago. We share space and collaborate with Envision Unlimited, a nonprofit serving adults with disabilities in a structured workshop environment.
About the PositionThe position will assist the Executive Director and other Team Members as needed with administrative tasks.
- monitoring + responding to email
- assisting with paperwork, submissions, requirements, etc.
- assisting with marketing and outreach (including website updates, email campaigns, social posts, related design, and other tbd).
- contact / inventory database maintenance
- supporting our board of directors / quarterly meetings
- supporting our warehouse team members on site and virtually
- event + volunteer coordination
- contributing to our operations handbook
- grant-writing in coordination with our development manager (if interested)
- services related to donation intake, school and office pack-ups as needed.
We seek someone enthusiastic, dedicated, professional, and interested in helping grow and strengthen our organization. Applicants should be responsible, self-directed, detail-oriented, able to work independently, comfortable trouble-shooting, experienced in business and arts administration, and passionate about reuse and environmental stewardship. Creativity and a sense of humor are a plus : )
You'll need: Strong computer skills (we primarily use GSuite and Wix). Ability to multitask and communicate over various platforms (social media, phone, in person, email, etc.). Experience coordinating people and/or events. Experience with marketing and graphic design skills (photo/video) would be helpful.
Background checks will be required, per our relationship with Envision.
Hours: It is anticipated that this job will be for 15 hours/week, which includes weekly zoom or in-person check-ins with the ED, as well as occasional shifts at our main warehouse, 2124 W. 82nd Place, ideally between Wed thru Saturday. Public transportation to the warehouse is limited, so access to a car is helpful.
To apply: Email a cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications to email@example.com
Attach your resume, a writing sample, a design sample (if available). We will follow up to schedule an interview.