The Administrative Assistant will act as the primary office manager and administrative support person. Chicago Opera Theater ("COT") strives to provide a warm, welcoming environment and the Administrative Assistant will play an integral part in upholding a positive work culture as it interacts with each facet within the company. The Administrative Assistant will have remote duties as well as in-person duties.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- PO Box management, checking the mail at least twice weekly and distributing via scans
- Manage all office files & supplies; oversee temporary storage unit
- For in-person office (estimated Winter 2021-2022 office move in)
- Act as office manager
- Lead furnishing & set up process (coordinate desks, chairs, tables, computers, etc)
- Utilities management (phone, internet)
- Answer & direct phone calls
- Assist with staff technology set up and onboarding; maintenance of Google suite & Microsoft office apps
- Note/minute taking at requested meetings
- Process bank deposits and submit deposit reports to senior staff
- Assist with light bookkeeping and annual amusement tax
- Manage historical documentation of archival videos
- Maintain birthday/anniversary calendar; assist with coordinating semi-regular company celebrations; coordinate artist gifts
- Maintain updated staff contact sheet and distribute regularly
- Assist staff with general administrative work as needed
- Assist with in-person events
- 1-2 years of administrative support experience
- Proficient in Microsoft suite, Google suite, and adept at learning new tech platforms
- Able to prioritize between competing priorities
- Strong organizational skills
- Enjoy working with a vast array of people
- Able to maintain a high level of professionalism
- Committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion and supporting an institution striving to be anti-racist
- Interest in opera or the arts & culture sector a plus
Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC), immigrants, women, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
This is a part-time position, approximately 10-15 hours to start. COT encourages professional growth and this position will grow along with the individual’s skills & interests. Starting hourly wage is $18 - $20/hr. Specific hours may be flexible. All COT staff are working remotely and will move to a hybrid model in winter/spring 2022. Some evening and weekend availability may be requested, surrounding COT’s productions and events. Benefits include some paid personal, sick, and holidays and access to a 403(b) retirement account.
Please let us know how you heard about this opportunity along with submitting a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.