About MIR Appraisal Services
MIR Appraisal Services, Inc. has been appraising fine art and personal property since 1994. We are a small, professional fine art and personal property appraisal company with a main office in Chicago, IL and a second location in Burr Ridge, IL. Our clients include religious organizations, insurance agencies, law firms, educational institutions, government organizations, libraries, public parks, and museums & historical societies.
We are looking for a full-time, knowledgeable, and experienced Administrative Assistant for our downtown office. The most important attribute to have in this business is the willingness and motivation to learn about art, artists, current art market trends, and the art world in general. We are looking for someone who can work independently and take responsibility for their work and is positive and honest. Our small office environment fosters an immersive professional experience where candidates will have the opportunity to participate in every aspect of the art appraisal and advisory process and learn something new every day about art.
Required skills, qualifications, and traits:
- Undergraduate degree in art history, marketing, business, or a related field
- 3-5 years proven experience working in the art market
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with professional and confident interactions with clients
- Detail-oriented personality, with strong managerial, organizational, and customer service skills
- Competency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, photo editing applications, and social media
- Willingness to be involved with daily operations
- The ability to set and meet deadlines
- Knowledge in art history, antiques, etc.
Preferred skills, qualifications, and traits:
- Graduate degree in art history, art administration, or a related field a plus
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Art auction experience
- Interest and willingness to learn all facets of the appraisal business
- Interest in and knowledge of current art market trends
- The ability to travel between the two locations if necessary
- We are looking for someone who can not only assist with the day-to-day functioning of the business but who can also multi-task and assist where necessary
- Applicants should be self-motivated to advance and grow with the company
Benefits: Healthcare and paid vacations are available for full-time employees.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
MIR Appraisal Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All employment decisions and personnel actions at MIR Appraisal Services, Inc. are administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
To be considered for the position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and references.
Job Type: Full-time
Last updated: 12/03/20