Administrative and Grants Associate
The Reva & David Logan Foundation is a Chicago-based family foundation that provides strategic grants to support the arts, investigative journalism, and social justice. With headquarters in Chicago, the Foundation funds projects in the United States and worldwide. More information can be found at www.loganfdn.org.
The Reva and David Logan Foundation seeks a highly motivated, resourceful self-starter to join its small staff as a full-time Administrative and Grants Associate. This position will provide critical administrative, operational, and process support. The successful candidate will be pivotal in positively changing outcomes for individuals and organizations around the world.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- This position provides administrative support to the Board President and Foundation staff.
- Oversees calendar/scheduling and travel arrangements as needed for staff and Board.
- Acts as a primary information contact responding to public inquiries and requests for information and redirecting inquiries and requests as appropriate.
- Coordinates paperwork flow, including establishing and maintaining filing systems, correspondence, mail, and office communications.
- Maintains and updates the Foundation’s central contact database.
- Performs some day-to-day operations such as mailing and shipping, and ordering/maintaining office supplies.
- Has primary responsibility for managing all logistical aspects of meetings, convenings and events.
- Tasks include but are not limited to vendor negotiation, ongoing communication with speakers and attendees, tracking RSVPs, day-of-event management, monitoring expenditures, and final payment of invoices.
- Provides back-up support to staff colleagues as appropriate.
- Responds to grant seeker questions related to grantmaking systems, timelines, forms completion and processes.
- Accurately completes information updates in the Foundation’s grantmaking and CRM systems.
- Reviews and/or tracks grantee submissions to ensure completeness and timely submissions and acquires missing documentation as needed.
- Creates standard and customized reports utilizing several different applications/databases.
- Creates and updates the Foundation website’s Grantee lists on a quarterly basis and assists with the development of the Foundation’s Annual Grantmaking Report.
- Provides administrative support and coordination of specific tasks as assigned by the supervisor for ongoing or time-limited projects or programs within the core program team.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to balance competing priorities while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Highly organized. Works well under minimal supervision by taking initiative, ensuring successful project management, and timely completion of all tasks.
- Ease in producing quality work in a high-production environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing, highly skilled with great attention to detail.
- Creates positive, long-term working relationships by demonstrating a commitment to customer service, tact, dependability, diplomacy, and flexibility.
- Ability to successfully organize, analyze, summarize, and retain a large volume of detailed information.
Requires strong computer skills specifically in MAC OS, Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and database applications. QuickBooks experience helpful. Familiarity with using Foundant or other grant management systems a plus.
Starting salary is between $40,000 - $50,000, depending on qualifications and experience. Benefits include employer-paid health, dental, and life insurance and generous paid leave.
The Reva and David Logan Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com by December 31. In the subject line of the email, enter your first and last name. Please indicate where you learned of the position opening.
Position begins immediately. No phone calls please.