Adler Arts Center Bookkeeper/Office Manager
YOU MUST BE PROFICIENT IN QUICKBOOKS, EXCEL, & OUTLOOK TO APPLY
Flexible hours based on schedule. Total of 15-25 hours per week. More hours during audit and busy seasons. Opportunity for growth within the organization.
The Adler Arts Center is seeking an experienced, resourceful, team-oriented Bookkeeper/Office Manager who utilizes QuickBooks to maintain the bookkeeping and accounting functions of the agency, performs administrative work associated with general support, program support, and building operations and maintenance.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Bookkeeper/Office Manager performs a wide range of duties including some or all but not limited to the following:
Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable/Reconciliations
- Code, enter, and monitor billing, payables, ACH withdrawals, and automatic recurring expenses in QuickBooks.
- Record vendor invoices, maintain vendor files, and record debit card purchase transactions.
- Prepare checks for invoices as due
- Maintain files showing evidence for all expenditures, including program allocations.
- Enter received payments into QuickBooks
- Conduct monthly bank (checking, savings, and credit card) and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Preparing and making deposits
- Processing check requests
- Processing credit memos
- Book journal entries
- Work on annual audit and prepare worksheets for auditors providing vital information
- Create and maintain employee files (paper and electronic)
- Review timesheets for accuracy prior to payroll processing
- Process bimonthly payroll (ADP)
- Manage unemployment issues and conducts background and enrollments for hew hires.
- Process employee-related payroll changes
- Maintain physical payroll records and the payroll information system.
- Coordinate system updates as required.
- Prepare and enter payroll journal entry
- Provide customers with helpful and accurate information
- Answers telephones; screen calls, forward calls and messages accurately; transcribe messages from telephone voice mail
- Finalizes enrollment and receives payment for all lessons and classes
Fundraising and gift acknowledgment:
- General donations through ASAP or mail
- Special Event gift acknowledgements
Building operations and maintenance:
- Manage and monitor Outside Contractors for Building and grounds maintenance
- Identifying necessary building, grounds, and general equipment maintenance
- Inventory and re-order supplies as necessary
- Maintain the reception area, kitchen waiting area and general appearance of building and grounds
- Must be physically able to access all work areas and perform all tasks and services required to fully perform the requirements of the job.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs comfortably and safely
- Assist in physical room set up and break down for programs and activities
Additional responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assist with special events
- Prepare general signage and greetings (Marquee, chalk boards)
- Availability to work additional hours or weekends, as projects or events demand
- Personal transportation required
Qualifications and Skills:
We seek candidates who have:
- 5+ years of bookkeeping and office management experience
- MUST Have expertise and extensive experience working with QuickBooks.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel (developing excel spreadsheets), and other Office 365 programs
- An expert understanding of accrual as well as cash accounting.
- A working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Nonprofit Accounting experience would be a plus
- Understanding the audit process – AAC undergoes an annual single audit
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Extreme attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with a variety of people as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Commensurate with experience
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $20.00 - $30.00 per hour
Expected hours: 15 – 25 per week