Activities Coordinator for Overnight Summer Camp
To be considered for this position you must complete the application at https://www.harandcamp.com/staff-application and note “Activities Coordinator.”
Harand Camp of the Theatre Arts (www.harandcamp.com), an established musical theater and activities camp for children 7-18, is seeking an Activities Coordinator for its 66th Season (June 15 - August 3, 2021). This position provides support to the Activities Director in the scheduling, coordination, and running of classes, activities & games throughout the summer. May also take photos & videos during classes and other camp activities.
PLEASE NOTE: This is could be a Staff-Level or a Counselor position depending on the applicant / experience-level. Counselors are assigned a cabin group, serve as team leaders, and also teach and assist in our theater and activities program. Staff Members serve in their dedicated role (“Activities Coordinator”) without dedicated cabin responsibilities, but may “supervise” and have a leadership presence in games and activities.
The Activities Coordinator must be available to work and reside on campus at Carthage College in Kenosha, WI for the duration of our camp season (June 15 - August 3, 2021). The position also comes with full room and board (private room & 3 meals per day) on a college campus with modern amenities.
Apply online at https://www.harandcamp.com/staff-application. Please make sure to note that you are applying for “Activities Coordinator.” Qualified applicants will then participate in at least 2 interviews (via phone or zoom) and are subject to a reference & background check.
- 21+ (25+ with valid Driver’s License preferred)
- Prior camp experience preferred
- Applicants with teaching, recreation or youth programming experience also given priority consideration
- Excellent with kids of all ages
- High energy & flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership & team-building skills
- Ability to command the attention of a large group & lead activities without supervision
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude, common sense, and sound judgment
- Sincere desire to be a role model for children
- Interest in the arts/musical theater a plus!
- Proof of COVID Vaccination (must by fully vaccinated by June 15 at latest)
IMPORTANT - All potential hires must be willing to get the COVID VACCINE and follow, implement, and enforce all COVID safety protocols set forth by Harand Camp, Carthage College, the CDC and other government agencies (including mask-wearing!).
2021 Dates: June 15 - August 3, 2021
- Seven-week commitment (including orientation)
- Must be available to work and reside on campus for our entire camp season!
Salary: $1250 and up for counselor-level, $1600 and up for staff-level the camp season (based on experience)
The position also comes with FULL room + board (including a room and 3 meals per day) on the Carthage College campus and all work-related activities paid for. A travel stipend may be available.
Camp Website: https://www.harandcamp.com/
Online Application: https://www.harandcamp.com/staff-application