The Aurora Civic Center Authority (ACCA), an innovative organization located on Stolp Island in the Fox River in the heart of the richly diverse community of historic Aurora, Illinois (one hour from downtown Chicago), is seeking an Accounting Manager. ACCA is the parent organization, which also includes a 501(c)3 arm under the name of Paramount Arts Centre, Inc. It operates three performance venues: the 6,000-person RiverEdge Park, the 1,843-seat landmark Paramount Theatre, and the 165-seat Copley Theatre. ACCA produces and presents over 300 performances each year, including star-studded touring productions and a self-produced Broadway Series of musicals for an annual audience of 350,000 patrons from over 250 communities. ACCA proudly operates the Paramount School of the Arts in the new John C. Dunham Aurora Arts Center, right next door to Paramount Theatre in downtown Aurora, and the company looks forward to producing a new, Bold Series of plays and musicals in the newly renovated Copley Theatre beginning in the 2021-2022 season. Paramount Theatre also hosts free community events, $1 Classic Movie Mondays and its opulent interiors provide a spectacular backdrop for private functions such as wedding receptions or corporate galas. Across the street from Paramount Theatre are the gorgeous Meyer Ballrooms which play host to multiple wedding receptions and rental events throughout the year.
The Aurora Civic Center Authority is committed to being a defining catalyst for personal and community transformation by:
• making the performing arts accessible for every age and socioeconomic background,
• introducing the magic of live theater across generations to encourage expansive imaginations and broad views of people and the world,
• and contributing to the future stability and growth of Aurora’s downtown.
The highest purpose of any theater is to inspire its community toward a more perfect humanity. Such humanity can exist only when every member of the community is included and valued, empowered and heard. To express this truth, ACCA commits its leaders, volunteers, artists and staff to the active, continual and accountable pursuit of the following principles: equity, inclusion and diversity.
ACCA truly believes and lives by its mission statement and its commitment to equity, social justice and inclusion.
DEPARTMENT – Finance
DIRECT REPORTING –VP of Finance and Human Resources
WORKS CLOSELY WITH – All departments of the organization
POSITION STATUS & SCHEDULE – Full Time non-exempt
COMPENSATION – Annual Salary with excellent benefits package including health, paid time off, and 401k
HIRE DATE – Immediate
POSITION SUMMARY – The Accounting Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the accounting activities are completed in an accurate, timely fashion while mentoring employees and working as a team. This is an amazing opportunity to work for a growing organization!
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES –
• Manage all accounts receivable transactions
• Manage the Accounts Receivable Associate
• Ensure strong accounting controls to minimize risks
• Reconcile multiple credit card deposits daily including our ticketing, donation, and POS systems
• Reconcile the bank accounts monthly
• Work with the Events department to ensure deposit payments are allocated correctly and closeout all rental events and weddings
• Work with Human Resources to reconcile Health Insurance expenses monthly
• Assist with the month end close process and producing financial reports
• Manage outstanding checks to ensure they clear the bank in a timely manner
• Prepare intercompany journal entries
• Conduct account reconciliations and data analysis
• Assist with annual audit
In addition to the duties listed above, ACCA expects the following of each employee: adheres to ACCA’s policies and procedures; works in a safe manner; performs duties as workload necessitates; maintains a positive and respectful attitude; communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues; demonstrates efficient time management and prioritizes workload; demonstrates regular and consistent attendance and punctuality; meets productivity standards; participates in ACCA events as needed or required; and completes other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS and ABILITIES –
• Detail-oriented, highly organized; able to prioritize, take initiative, set and meet goals and deadlines and to produce accurate work
• Strong communication, administrative, and computer skills
• Professional attitude and a team player
• Ability to collaborate and maintain good working relationships with colleagues throughout the organization and externally
• Resourceful; problem solve effectively both independently or collaboratively
• Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining confidentiality
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
• Experience with Acumatica a plus but not required
Due to frequent and necessary interaction with members of the general public, performers, fellow employees and other individuals, successful candidates for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 before they begin work and will be required to provide proof of vaccination. “Fully vaccinated” as defined by the CDC means that at least 14 days have passed following receipt of the final dose of an FDA authorized Covid-19 vaccine.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume using the online job application at https://paramountaurora.com/op...
Or mail/drop off to:
Aurora Civic Center Authority, ATTN: Erika Miller, 8 East Galena Blvd., Suite 230, Aurora, IL 60506
ACCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, marital or familial status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ACCA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who are eager to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.