Accordion Instructors (PT)
Chicago’s Old Town School of Folk Music is the largest community school of the arts in the U.S. and a non-profit organization committed to celebrating American music and global cultures. Founded in 1957, the Old Town School of Folk Music provides a wide range of music, dance, and arts courses to people of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds. Whatever one’s interest, the Old Town School provides broad access to more than 700 accredited weekly class offerings, private lessons, and over 400 concerts and community events per year both in-person and online.
The Old Town School of Folk Music seeks part-time accordion teachers for private lessons and group classes in Lincoln Square.
- Bachelor's Degree in Music Performance or Music Education preferred
- Minimum two years of teaching experience preferred
- High level of musicianship and personal responsibility
- Ability to teach beginning through advanced levels required
- Ability to teach teens through adults
- Candidate with a knowledge of diverse accordion repertoire preferred
- Ability to teach in person and online (OTS will provide a Zoom account where appropriate)
- Multi-instrumentalist a plus
- Weekend and/or evening availability preferred
Discounts at the School and some voluntary benefits are available for part-time employees.
If interested and qualified, please send resume to email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Old Town School is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees. Old Town School strives to be an inclusive and equitable organization that is reflective of the diversity of the city of Chicago. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This is critical to our success as a community-focused organization.