ACADEMY COORDINATOR (Part-time)
RED CLAY DANCE COMPANY - CHICAGO, IL
Red Clay Dance Company is excited to request applications for the Red Clay Dance Academy Coordinator position. As an organization we live to awaken "glocal" change through creating, performing and teaching African Diaspora inspired work---change that transforms cultural and socio-economic imbalances in our local and global community.”
This position is responsible for the management and expansion of our Academy program. Task including but not limited to, academy marketing, registration, student assessment tracking, parent/student communication, meeting/event management, generating and tracking program quality, as well as reporting status of tasks and meeting critical deadlines. Our ideal candidate will be self-directed and detail-focused, and is eager to establish close working relationships with many different constituencies in a fast-paced, creative workplace. Reports directly to the ARTISTIC DIRECTOR/CEO.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all aspects of Academy operations.
- Manage all aspects of Winter, Spring or Summer Dance Intensives.
- Respond to Academy inquiries via phone, email or in person.
- Maintain the organization of the dance studios and storage closet.
- Maintains confidentiality of all student records and information.
- Provide student services coverage, covering all student needs, i.e. first aid, calls home, appointments with administrators, copies needed, etc.
- Provide Teaching Artivist support as needed, performing specialized projects as assigned.
- Prepare monthly reports regarding status of Academy sales/enrollment.
- Assist Program Manager in documenting and tracking progress of student assessments and academy evaluations.
- Works in partnership with the Youth Ensemble Director on recruitment and retention of new ensemble members.
- Other duties as assigned
- Works collaboratively with the Artistic Director/CEO to ensure the artistic vision for all Academy programs and performances continue to align with the work of the professional company.
- Assist with logistics for performances throughout the year including communications with families, ordering of costumes and supplies, and correspondence with our team of instructors and staff
- Works in partnership with Artistic Director/CEO and Youth Ensemble Director in the management of all Academy & Youth Ensemble performances and events.
- Prepares letters, calls Parents, and Students, and attends planning meetings as needed.
Marketing and Sales
- Manage Academy registration.
- Assist Marketing Consultant in implementation of Academy marketing strategies, including advertising campaigns, content marketing, product and service positioning and other projects.
- Manage and track Academy social media accounts.
- Provide product/service support.
- Perform all data entry needed for Academy reporting.
- Assist with live event marketing and management.
- Manages student retention and growth efforts.
- Recruits, supervises, evaluates, develops, and retains Academy staff. Supports, builds, and shares best practices for positive participant outcomes.
- Provides specific guidance to academy staff in the area of professional responsibilities, prioritization, and time and resource allocation.
- Designs and integrates professional development opportunities for academy staff.
- This role may also include other duties as assigned. At which time they will be clearly defined and communicated.
TRAITS AND CHARACTERISTICS
The ideal candidate will have:
- A personal passion for the performing arts and strong interest in dance education/administration.
- Exceptional communication, public speaking, active listening, and interpersonal skills.
- Sales/Marketing experience.
- The desire to be a team player, deeply engaged with all stakeholders and understand their diverse needs and interests.
- Contagious excellence and professionalism.
- Excellent organizational skills with sharp attention to details.
- Interest in researching new methods for youth development through dance education.
The selected candidate should also demonstrate the following competencies:
- Teamwork - Work effectively and productively with others to achieve extraordinary results.
- Flexibility, Resiliency, and Problem- Solving Ability - Agile in responding to change with an ability to analyze, diagnose, and resolve problems.
- Self-Management, Planning & Organizing - Uses logical, systematic, and orderly procedures to create plans, and manages time and priorities for themselves and their team, utilizing effective processes to make decisions, which lead to the achievement of objectives.
- Passion for Arts Administration/Dance Education
- Belief in the Red Clay Dance Company’s Mission
- Bachelor’s Degree
- One year of performing arts teaching experience preferred
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and data entry
- Previous office and/or sales experience
- Proficient in social media platforms
- Evening and Saturday availability required.
- Access to car preferred
Job Type: Part- Time (30 hours/week)
- Mondays- 2:00-8:00pm
- Tuesday- Friday 4:00-8:30pm
- Saturdays 10:00am-3:00pm
Salary, commensurate with experience.
APPLICATION AND INQUIRIES
Please submit the following documents in a single PDF document to email@example.com
Cover Letter, Resume , 2 References
All materials submitted will be kept confidential. All submissions will be acknowledged.
Red Clay Dance Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a diverse workforce. Employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
To Learn more about our Company and History please visit: www.redclaydance.com