$19/HR, M-F, 10-4. On-Call, Professional Dog Walker/Cat Sitter WANTED!
LOCATIONS: West Loop, Logan Square, Wicker Park, Ravenswood, Lincoln Square, plus more!
Windy City Paws is Chicago’s top-rated dog walking and petsitting company! In 2017 and 2019, Windy City Paws received the “Best Dog Walkers in Chicago” award from the Chicago Reader. We have been providing individual dog walks, dog runs, training walks, cat visits, and petsits in Chicago since 2009.
Are you someone that loves having every day a little different? Do you enjoy exploring the city and surrounding neighborhoods with a furry friend? Are you a great communicator and enjoy work that is at times spontaneous and not always planned in advance? We're currently looking to hire a responsible animal lover to join our professional team in an On-Call capacity as we grow!
An On-Call Windy City Paws Dog Walker and Cat Sitter must be committed to providing our customers the highest level of care and, most importantly, love being with dogs and cats! This is a high-level position within our company and you must be dependable, feel comfortable providing dog walks or cat sits within our entire service area, be adaptable, and communicate with clients and office staff. You must have previous experience in the petcare industry and have dedicated use of a CAR; Monday-Friday between 10am-4pm.
Qualifications and Skills for this position:
- Have availability to be on call Monday through Friday 10am-4pm.
- Our cut-off time for this position to be on call is 1 pm so if Windy City Paws has not reached out by 1 pm M-F, you do not need to remain on-call for the remainder of the day.
- Even though this position is on-call to encapsulate emergencies, it’s very possible you’ll have advanced notice for many of our scheduling needs.
- This position is ideal for a freelancer or someone who is able to work their own hours each day around any on-call work for Windy City Paws.
- Have a reliable CAR for regular and consistent use on the job.
- Be able to respond to Windy City Paws within 15 minutes of being reached out to.
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Must love cats and dogs! Professional experience is a plus!
- Be comfortable being outside in all sorts of weather.
- Have a smartphone or mobile device with WiFi and/or cellular data capabilities and daily internet access.
- Intend to make a minimum 3 month commitment to this job.
- Pass a background check before starting the position.
- Present Covid-19 Vaccination Card
Responsibilities of an On-Call Dog Walker/Cat Sitter:
- Providing loving care and enriching playtime whether inside with cats or outside on walks with dogs for the full duration of the service time.
- Prepare the dog(s) per household to go outside with the appropriate gear provided by the client.
- Provide food, water, and medication as instructed by the client. NOTE: WCP provides training for any level of medication requested.
- Picking up after pets outside on walks, scooping litter, and cleaning up any accidents in the home.
- Be able to provide care for all of Windy City Paws service offerings (dog walks, cat visits, petsits, etc)
- Commute to Windy City Paws service areas as needed.
- Be able to deliver marketing materials or post job flyers as needed.
Compensation & Financial Expectations:
- Pay during on-call hours (when scheduled for walks/pet visits) M-F 10am-4pm: $19/hr
- Pay during evening & weekend hours (M-F 5-8pm & Sat/Sun 8am-8pm): $22.50/hr
- NOTE: There is no expectation or need to work beyond on-call hours.
- We fully expect this position to get 8-20 hours of work per week but on the off chance that no hours are needed by Windy City Paws, you will receive a weekly stipend.
APPLY AT FOLLOWING LINK: