- LAUNCH 2018 Details
The 2018 LAUNCH Invitational Residency took place June 18-21, 2018 at Chicago Artists Coalition.
Participating schools included Chicago State University, Columbia College, DePaul University, North Park University, Northern Illinois University, School of the Art Institute of Chicago, University of Chicago, University of Illinois - Chicago... and Marwen!
Informed largely by the self-assessments that resident artists complete during the application process, the LAUNCH curriculum combines structured workshops and conversations, assigned readings, group activities, and focused individual work.
Monday - Designing A Vision For The Future + Developing A Plan For Your Goals
- Future Micro Bio + 3 Goals + BIG Question Share-Out | Brandon Alvendia // Selina Trepp // Penny Duff
- Personal Values and How to Use Your Map + Compass | Lee Anderson
- Your Inclusive Art World | Felicia Holman // Latham Zearfoss
Tuesday - Compiling Tools For Success + Building Community
- Financial Literacy | Sarah Lombardi
- Know Your Rights | Patrice Perkins
- 1821 West Hubbard Street Lofts Site Visit: Sustaining a Creative Practice + Building Community Outside of Academia | Anjali Pinto, Folia Loft // Chad Kouri, Post Studio // Jessica Pierotti, Latitude // Marcela Serment, Spudnik Press
Wednesday - Navigating The System + Telling Your Story
- Crafting a Winning Proposal + Artist Statement Best Practices | J. Gibran Villalobos
- Group Critique: Artist Statements
- Connecting with an Audience for Your Practice | Sonnenzimmer (Nadine Nakanishi + Nick Butcher)
Thursday - Assessing your resources + finalizing a plan for action
- Artist Lifestyles + Funding Models | Alexandria Eregbu // Brandon Alvendia // Huong Ngo // Selina Trepp
- The Creative Project Canvas + Next Steps
Never miss a thing
Subscribe to our newsletter and get regular updates on news, events, grants, and the latest opportunities for artists.