JUROR: Danny Floyd
Apply here: https://arcgallery.wufoo.com/forms/solitude/
Solitude can elicit either a sense of euphoria or peace, or a sense of confinement or punishment, while others are isolated in a community unit. As we move forward into the fall and winter months, and COVID continues to impede our movements and interactions, how do we, as individuals, or as members of a larger, even worldwide community, process these survival confinements? As artists, we can use our medium to express the inner joy, conflict, frustration, sadness or peace we find ourselves confronting. ARC is searching for your creative endeavors as a reflection of your process under the current circumstances, keeping artists alone but pulling together into a community. All media is accepted, including video, performance and sound; and all artists’ work will be considered. The exhibition will run from Jan 8 thru Feb 27, 2021. This time frame is equal to two ARC Gallery exhibition months – so more opportunity for your work to be viewed!
Entry fee: $40 for one to three images. $10 for each additional image (lower charge for students — High school or college students can pay a reduced fee of $25 per 3 entries with $10 for each additional entry (Please include copy of Student ID)). If paying by check, it must be received prior to jurying.
Virtual Opening Reception, Saturday, Jan 9, 4:00-5:00pm
- Exhibition dates: Jan 8 – Feb 27, 2021
- Gallery hours: Fri – 3-7 pm, Sat & Sun – 12-4 pm
Apply here: https://arcgallery.wufoo.com/forms/solitude/Exhibition contingency plans:
- At this time, we plan to have an actual exhibition at the gallery. There will be no in-person opening, though we will have a Virtual Opening Event on Zoom. The gallery will be open with limited hours and visitor restrictions (until it is safe to do otherwise).
- IF the city closes all businesses again, due to COVID-19, the gallery will be closed, but we will display the exhibition online, visible to everyone who visits our website. All artists will be identified, along with their work and artist statement; and we will send out a link to everyone on our mailing list, potentially 4000+ viewers.
- The new (Temporary) Gallery hours are: Fridays, 3-7pm; Saturdays and Sundays, 12-4pm. Masks for all visitors are required and no more than 6 people will be allowed in the gallery at one time. (Hours subject to change.)
ABOUT THE JUROR: Danny Floyd is an artist, researcher, curator, and educator based out of Chicago. At the risk of confusion, his work seeks the narrow threshold between meaning and nonsense in text and images. Often at odds with neuro-normative conventions, he embraces divergent thinking through improvisation and the delightfully weird. He is the Exhibitions Director for ACRE and a Lecturer of Visual & Critical Studies and Sculpture at SAIC. Since 2013, he has been an active part of Chicago’s artist-run space community through two programs, Ballroom Projects and Adler & Floyd. He has held curatorial residencies with ACRE and Chicago Artists Coalition. He was also awarded the Gaylord and Dorothy Donnelley Foundation Curatorial Fellowship in 2017.
- SOLITUDE (Call for Entries)
- ARC Gallery Members’ Exhibition: STILL HERE
- ARTISTS FOR SOCIAL JUSTICE – Online Exhibition
- RESPIRATION(S) NOW! Online Exhibition
Select Month October 2020 September 2020 August 2020 July 2020 June 2020 May 2020 April 2020 March 2020 February 2020 January 2020 April 2019 March 2019 April 2018 July 2017 November 2016 July 2016 March 2016 November 2015 August 2015 July 2015 May 2015 December 2014 November 2014 September 2014 March 2014 May 2013 October 2012 May 2012 September 2011 July 2011 May 2011 April 2011 February 2011 October 2010 June 2010 April 2010 February 2010 November 2009 July 2009 May 2009 March 2007 April 2006