Single Channel VT - Release Me video/film festival
Single Channel VT explores the moving image and time based media through a series of ongoing collaborative viewings and discussions. Artist curated screenings are presented quarterly throughout the year highlighting the history, practitioners, and genres of the moving image and time based media. Our thematic video festival is held annually.
Imagining or experiencing the moment or process of liberation, of deliverance from what holds you, confined or isolated, gripped in uncertainty or fear, held back by powerful forces or structures, kept apart from others, mired in confusion, dwelling in the dark.
To witness or feel this point in time in slow motion or rapid fire
To imagine it as really possible, even sustainable.
How do we imagine a world or ourselves changed after emerging from the grip of fear, solitude, anxiety, grief, oppression?
What does the other side of this prolonged condition look like ?
What occurs in the moment of release ?
- All genres and styles are welcome
- Artists may submit up to two entries
- Entries must be a link - Vimeo, Youtube or to a direct section on your website.
- Entries may be up to 3 minutes in length, though the total running time of the work may be up to 20 minutes. If applicable, you may also submit a link with the full work, which we will watch if interested in your entry.
- Works not in English must have subtitles
- $10 entry fee submitted to Venmo account: @singlechannelvt . We will send confirmation upon receipt of your entry and fee.
- International applicants please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for alternative payment methods.
- DEADLINE for submission & entry fee is October 23, at 11:59pm ET
- Festival Dates: February 12 - 14, 2021. This is an in-person event, following all CDC and state of Vermont guidelines for group gatherings.
If accepted, artists will be asked to submit a short artist statement
Questions? Please contact: email@example.com