PERFORMING ARTISTS SUBMIT TO THE 2021 GOING DUTCH FESTIVAL!
The 11th annual Going Dutch Festival, produced by Side Street Studio Arts, is a celebration of the female voice in dance, music, theater, and the visual arts. The Festival will be held in Elgin, IL June 4-13, 2021. We are doing things a bit differently this year, performances will be held outdoors Saturday, June 5, with a "rain date" of Saturday June 12, AND we will be hosting two week-long installation artist residencies!
A few things to consider:
- If you are selected for the festival, you must be available for both dates listed above.
- These performances will likely not be on a typical stage, but more likely concrete, maybe even gravel. So, you will need to plan accordingly. Right now, we are thinking we will be in a multi story parking garage, with performers spread out in their own areas throughout.
- Minimal tech will be available. Spacing/tech and performance will happen in the same day.
- If you are coming from out of town, we will provide housing for Friday and Saturday nights.
- Stipends ranging from $50 to $300 will be available depending on number of artists, length of work, etc.
Also, we are thrilled to offer stipend support for the installation residencies! Artists selected will share their process, show work in the festival, and lead workshops or talks, as they see fit. Stipends/commissions will range from $250 to $1000 and will be determined at the time of your festival acceptance by early March. Those interested must fill out the appropriate question in the application below.
SEEKING: dance, theatre, spoken word, music, and the undefined created by self-identified women.
Works must be created (choreographed, written, developed, etc.) by a self-identified girls and women, but not all performers need to be female. All ages and experience levels are welcome.
Going Dutch will be curated by a panel of five professional female artists currently working in the dance, theatre, and visual art fields.
Previous work, video, or examples of similar work is acceptable for submission.
Please fill out a separate form for each work submitted.
Works must be submitted electronically.
Artists may submit as many work as they like for an application fee of ONLY $10 per piece.
Applications will not be considered until application fees have been paid.
DEADLINE TO APPLY:
Friday, February 26 at 5pm (no late submissions will be accepted)
Artist notifications will be sent by early March.