Teaching Artists - Mudlark Theater
Mudlark Theater is a not-for-profit organization where children are taken seriously as artists, and learn theater by making it. As a rule, the general public expects little of children’s theater. Mudlark's goal is to raise that expectation and keep it there. By holding children to a higher standard and empowering them to make strong artistic choices, we create the possibility for great theater—vibrant, funny, compelling shows that erase the boundary between youth and professional theater.
• Teaching artists of color highly encouraged
• Teaching Artists with a background in theater, improv, or comedy as a performer/instructor.
• Teaching Artists who have a strong passion for working with youth K-8.
• Additional background in education is a plus.
• Someone who is timely, organized and responsible.
• Someone who is creative and able to collaborate with other teaching artists and Mudlark Staff.
• Our classes are once a week after school. Teachers can work at multiple schools
• Classes run for about an hour and take place between 2pm-5pm
• Our classes take place in and around Evanston, Chicago, and the surrounding suburbs.
• A car is a plus, but not required. Many of our schools are accessible by public transit
Teaching Artists - $55 per class (aprox. 1 hour)
Assistant Teaching Artists - $75-$175 Stipend (5-14 classes per stipend period)
Contact Information: Interested applicants should email resumes and cover letters to email@example.com