Looking for West Suburban Artists for After School Program
Chicago Arts Partnerships in Education (CAPE) is looking for western suburban artists for their West Chicago CAPE After School Program. Artists can be from any background.
- Compensation: $50/hour for instructional and planning hours, $25/hour for professional development hours
- Status: Part-time Independent Contractor, grant-based position
- Schedule: M&W or T&Th
- Class hours: 3:30-6:00
- Grades: elementary
- Class size: 20 students max
- Benefits: NA
- Experience in teaching in public schools.
- Experience in working in collaborations.
- Curiosity about how young people and teachers think.
- Interest in documenting and critiquing teaching practice.
- Interest in participating in their own professional development.
- Interest in participating in research on the role of the arts in learning.
- This position requires regular travel to West Chicago. Candidates must live in or near West Chicago, IL and have their own vehicle.
- Technologic proficiency, including Google Apps Suite, and online communications apps like Zoom or Google Meet.
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English preferred but not required.
If interested, please send Resume/CV, Cover letter and website to:
West Chicago Program Coordinator