LOCUS: VII, an online exhibition - Call for Visual Artists!
LOCUS: VII submissions are now open for visual + literary artists!
The LOCUS: VII structure will follow closely to the structure implemented during the LOCUS: V & LOCUS: VI gallery shows. Please reference the links should you need examples or understanding of the finished show.
LOCUS: VII structure will be as follows:
- Submission period for all artists is April 9th - April 22nd.. All artists will be notified with show status during the last week of the month when the show timeline will begin.
- Visual artists then have 3 weeks to submit a new or existing short work, due May 17th.
- Literary artists will receive that work on & will have 3 weeks to create a brand new work inspired by, in response to, or interpreting the visual piece, due June 7th.
- Both sets of artists will provide numerous additions to the work including reaction videos, recordings, image descriptions and more - all details provided throughout the experience.
- Pairings will remain anonymous until opening night, June 18th.
- LOCUS: VII will have a closing reception on June 26th wherein we’ll celebrate the show and our Board Members will award a micro-grant to a literary artist for their original work on the show.
Any artwork sold or tips given during the show, while assisted by the curator, are 100% profit kept by the artist. Donations will be collected for the show itself, split between the future of the LOCUS project and our community partner for this iteration (TBA).
If you consider yourself both a literary and visual artist, you may apply for both categories. If you have participated in a previous LOCUS iteration, you’re more than welcome to submit again.
Have any questions? E-mail today!