LOCUS: V - an online gallery show - call for Visual Artists!
LOCUS: V submissions are now open for visual + literary artists!
The LOCUS: V structure will follow closely to the structure implemented during the LOCUS: IV gallery show. Please reference the link should you need examples or understanding of the finished show.
LOCUS: V structure will be as follows:
- Submission period for all artists is October 5th - October 16th. All artists will be notified with show status by or before October 19th when the show timeline will begin.
- Visual artists will have until November 9th to complete and deliver a work for the show (it may be a new or existing work)
- Visual artwork is then blindly shared (no work title or details or artist reveal) with a paired literary artist who has until November 13th to video record and deliver a short reaction to the work.
- Literary artists then have until November 30th to complete and deliver a new work in response to, inspired by, in communication with, or any other interpretation of the work, as well as a recorded voice memo of the work.
- Literary work is then blindly shared back to the visual artist who has until December 4th to video record and deliver a short reaction to the work.
- Literary + Visual artists will be given an interview form about the work and their experience, to be completed by December 8th.
- LOCUS: V will launch on December 10th and all pairings will be revealed!
- LOCUS: V will “close” on December 19th.
Regarding compensation: at this time no compensation is directly offered to participating artists. All artists if they choose will have Venmo / PayPal handles listed for tips and audience compensation. Any artwork sold during the show while assisted by the curator, is profit kept by the artist 100%. Donations will be collected for the show itself, split between the LOCUS team and amenities and our organization partner for this event: Free Write Arts & Literacy.
By submitting to be considered for the show, you agree to all terms and deadlines above. Have any questions? E-mail today!