For full details and to apply:
Like Clockwork seeks to showcase works of art that address the nature of time. From birth, our daily routines, anxieties on aging, death, rebirth, to creation and destruction, the forms of time give shape to human experience. Traditional thought, from China to ancient Greece, embodies time not only in gods and goddesses but also in the various devices which measure and grasp it. Time as a flux is apparent in the flow of grains in an hourglass; time as eternal return, in the circling aeons of the Indian and Maya calendars or the tail-eating serpent Ouroboros; time as a universal pattern of synchronous events, in the I-Ching or the astrologers' intricate figure-work. The paradoxes inherent in these parallel ways of conceiving time reveal the mysterious Coincidence of Opposites which underlies the cosmos. It's as the old adage says.. all "like clockwork"...
We are accepting works from emerging, mid-career, and/or professional artists. Work should somehow relate to the theme of the show.
"Like Clockwork" In-Person opening reception party will be held Saturday, January 8th, 2022 at 6 PM.
- "Like Clockwork" is open to any artists over age 18, within the United States and Canada.
- Work should ideally have been created in the last three years, and must be the original artwork, ready to display.
- The specific work must not have been previously displayed in a Vestige Concept Gallery exhibit.
- Work must be for sale. (No "NFS" or deliberate overpricing)
- No Giclees or reproductions of original works will be accepted unless the work itself is a Giclee. Please note this in the media tag, if applicable.
VISIT LINK FOR FULL DETAILS AND TO APPLY