OPAL is looking for artwork that depicts the artist's interpretation, relationship, or experience with the landscape theme. All mediums will be accepted (drawing, painting, mixed media, digital/new media, printmaking, photography, ceramics, fiber, sculpture, etc).
This show welcomes diverse visions of the world outdoors. Here are a few ways to interpret what landscape art can be:
● Re-imagine everyday environments as new frontiers.
● Pay homage to pastoral scenes rich in heritage, or depict urban jungles thrumming with activity.
● Reveal the nostalgia of fading rural relics and uncover beauty in overlooked metro corners.
● Compare and contrast urban and natural environments.
THIS IS AN OPEN CALL.
● The artwork submitted will be included if it meets the Call criteria.
● 42” at its widest dimension (framing included) and not exhibited at OPAL before.
● Deliver artwork on the drop-off dates below.
All media/mediums accepted (except for video for this exhibition).
● ARTWORK IS LIMITED IN SIZE TO (42”) IN THE LARGEST DIMENSION (including frame).
● Sculptural artwork (freestanding) can be up to 72” high but must be no more than 36” wide in the round.
● All artwork MUST be ready to hang!!!
(ABSOLUTELY NO SAWTOOTH OR STRING HANGERS WILL BE ACCEPTED!!!)
- Drop off work: AUG 24 (1-5pm), 25 (1-5pm), 26 (1-4pm)
- Exhibition dates: SEP 8 - OCT 5
- Opening reception: SEP 15, 6:30pm - 8:30pm
- Pick up work: OCT 9 (1-5pm), 10 (1-5pm), 11 (1-4pm)
Art Member : * 1st work @ $25 *2nd work @ $15 *3rd work @ $10
Art Supporter/Art Friend : * 1st work @ $30 *2nd work @ $20