Immersive Installation Opportunity - Telluride, CO
OPEN CALL FOR ARTISTS: IMMERSIVE, INTERACTIVE ART
Are you the fearless artist ready to create an immersive art experience? We are eager to hear your visionary ideas.
THE AH HAA HAHA
The Ah Haa School for the Arts annual summer fundraiser, the Ah Haa HAHA is a participatory and interactive community event that is a massive, building-wide immersive art installation where each space within the Ah Haa Silverjack building is taken over by a different artist.
The HAHA encourages all featured artists and visitors to lose themselves in the creative process (and product). A building-wide exhibition where art is an experience shared by everyone and creativity and excitement collide, HAHA celebrates each artist’s vision, and encourages all visitors to actively engage with the art. Designed to be accessible to participants of all ages, this immersive experience takes place annually over 3 days in July. 2024 event dates are the evenings of Friday, July 19th (for adults) and Saturday, July 20th (for adults) and the morning of Sunday, July 21st for kids. Over 2,000 participants visit the HAHA each year.
HAHA artists are given logistical parameters, material stipend, and creative carte blanche to design and implement an immersive experience that fully reflects their creative practice. HAHA ’23 selected artists have been featured by National Public Radio, The Jealous Curator, The Los Angeles Times, TEDx, TAB, and in locations like The White House, community art centers and national and international museums.
ABOUT AH HAA SCHOOL FOR THE ARTS
The Ah Haa School for the Arts, an art school and gallery for all ages, lies in the heart of Telluride, Colorado. Nestled at the end of a Colorado box canyon, our little mountain town is home to a world-class ski resort, and hosts many incredible film, food, and music festivals bringing visitors from all over the world. Our 10,000-square-foot facility, specifically designed to foster community and creativity, features state-of-the-art studios and classrooms that are ready to host a surge of new opportunities for engagement and participation.
CALL FOR ARTISTS
Ah Haa School for the Arts is seeking artists, musicians, performers, designers, and creative thinkers of all backgrounds and abilities to propose work for our annual fundraiser/exhibition space, opening in 2024! We are committed to creating opportunities for a diverse group of makers to participate. HAHA is committed to supporting the creative freedom of local, national and international artists. Ah Haa celebrates equity and inclusion and encourages all marginalized folkx to apply.
Whether a single art piece, a full room installation, video and new media content, or a riveting story — we want to see it all. Show us your work and submit your brilliant ideas. We want to collaborate with you!
WHAT WE EXPECT
- All installations must be ADA-compliant
- All installations must include some interactive element to directly engage visitors. Installations may be generative, may include participatory elements, may employ actors, or any other interpretation of “interactive” as imagined by the artist. Priority will be given to submissions that encourage touch, play, and creation by viewers
- Artists must attend HAHA events throughout the week of July 15th - 22nd, as ambassadors for Ah Haa and their creative practices.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- A unique opportunity to engage in an international and national cultural network of participating artists
- Creative carte blanche to design and implement an immersive experience within a dedicated space
- An all-inclusive budget for the materials, shipping and production of your installation
- Ah Haa will cover all artist travel expenses to and from Telluride for the week of July 15th- 22nd, 2024
- Ah Haa will provide artist accommodations for the week of July 15th – 22nd 2024
- Experienced volunteer installation support will be provided
All information, ideas, concepts, and proposals provided by you in your artwork submission ("Submission”) is not confidential and will not be treated as proprietary. By providing any Submission through this form, you hereby grant us and our corporate affiliates, successors, licensees, designees and assigns (and their respective licensees, successors, and assigns) the right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute, and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. You represent and warrant to Ah Haa that you alone own or control all rights and interest to your Submission (including the title) and no one else has any right or interest to your Submission. DUE TO THE LARGE VOLUME OF SUBMISSIONS, SUBMISSIONS COULD OVERLAP OR HAVE SIMILARITIES TO ONE ANOTHER. YOUR SUBMISSION DOES NOT PRECLUDE AH HAA FROM REVIEWING OTHER SUBMISSIONS, OR WORKING WITH OTHER PARTIES.
Contact Kris Kwasniewski and/or Christin Marcos, co-curators of the HAHA at: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com