Digital Commissions : Funded Exhibition Opportunity
Locust Projects invites local, national, and international artists to apply for the opportunity to propose ambitious multi-layered digital projects that respond to the hybridity and flexibility of Locust Projects’ physical space and various presenting platforms from onsite, galleries, interior or exterior surfaces, on screens, or online.
DIGITAL COMMISSIONS OPEN CALL OPPORTUNITY
- Realization of ambitious multi-layered digital projects whether new, existing works in progress, or even the future evolution of a previous project
- Community engagement with the public through public programs or activations (i.e. conversation, metaverse activation, performance, or a series of activations (in-person or online)
- an in-depth interview on the Locust Projects Closer Look blog https://www.locustprojectsclos... to participate in the Locust Projects studio residency the possibility of a live/work opportunity for the duration of up to 6 months.
DIGITAL COMMISSIONS RESOURCES AND SUPPORT
Fees and production budgets to be determined based upon the final presentation space/format. As a W.A.G.E. certified organization we maintain minimums or above fee standards.
- Production Budget Ranges from $1,000 to $5,000 (may include but is not limited to: production/fabrication, equipment and technology rental, materials, professional/technical support, installation/construction labor, assistants, shipping, de-installation) Final budget determined based upon dates, proposal scope and scale of project.
- Artist Fee. Ranges from $500 to $3,100 depending on space, scope and scale following W.A.G.E. standards. Artists may use the Artist Fee at their discretion.
- Basic infrastructure provided by Locust Projects includes access to use existing tool and av equipment inventory, up to 24 hours preparator labor/assistance for install/de-install, signage, installation documentation, and promotional support.
- Accommodations, travel and per diem are provided to out of town artists. Includes $50 per diem stipend for out-of-town artists # of days to be determined; and stipend towards roundtrip, coach-class flights or car rental equivalent, and ground transport to and from airport with receipts available to artists that live 150 miles away from Miami (above and beyond travel expenses are applied to production budget) as well as temporary studio work space at Locust Projects and accommodations for up to six months in the Locust Projects residence.