Cornelia Arts Bldg Guest Artists for March and May Jury Open
Guest spots now available for jury application at the Spring Open House events at Cornelia Arts Building! Deadline 2/1/2020
The Cornelia Arts Building is now accepting applications for juried guest artists to show and to sell their artwork during our 2019 Spring Open
• Friday March 6, 2020 from 6 - 10 pm
• Friday May 22, 2020 from 6 - 10 pm
We offer premium hall-way spaces where artists can present work and sell directly to the public. FINE ART artists can apply to both or either date, for both or either space.Artists handle and keep 100% of any and all their sales.
• The building, at 1800 West Cornelia, sits at the border between three Chicago neighborhoods: West Lakeview, Roscoe Village, and North Center.
• The all-working-studios of artists and artisans building has been hosting open studio events for three decades.
• Events will feature open studios of many of the 50 resident artists and artisans in the building.
• Building's Open studio events regularly receive from 300 - 800 visitors. Spring open studios are usually very well attended.
TWO SPACES-DATES ARE STILL AVAILABLE:
All spaces are on ground floor. Artists handle and keep 100% of any and all their sales.
• B) Fri. March 6 - Mid Lobby Space
$135 for the night- includes ONE 14' wide wall in central location. Most suitable for medium to small scale artwork.
• D) Fri. May 22 - Mid Lobby Space
$135 for the night- includes ONE 14' wall in a central location. Most suitable for medium to small scale artwork.
PROMOTION AND MARKETING
• Both shows are heavily promoted through numerous on-line news, event, and neighborhood listings, and through the building's and resident artist's extensive lists.
• The Building has paid advertising listings in both the Print and On-Line versions of the Chicago Gallery News, and additional email advertising to their customers.
• Selected Artists names will be listed on most on-line listings.
• Selected Artists can receive Postcards which advertise show dates to help promote; Postcards have space to add your own information for your patrons.
• Please put "GUEST ARTIST JURY" in the Subject line of email message to JasonMessingerArt@gmail.com
• Indicate which space/date (B, or D, or any combination) you would like to be considered for.
• Artists can apply to more than one option - which may increase your likelihood of being selected.
• Include a link from your web site of the art work you'd like to show, with price ranges and dimensions. [Note: if you don not have a web site please send representative images of your work with dimensions, medium, and pricing for each.]
• Artists are juried based on the quality of their work, and their comparison to the building's other resident artists in both pricing and professionalism.
• If accepted, the artist’s fee is due in ONE WEEK from acceptance letter without exception, to ensure accurate listings.
• DEADLINE: 2/1/2020 by end of day.
• See CorneliaArtsBuilding.com for more information on the building.