Call for Workshop Proposals
Ox-Bow's Art on the Meadow: Spring & Summer Workshop Proposals 2022
Art on the Meadow is a grant-funded program that offers a variety of art-making experiences through short-term workshops for teens and adults on Ox-Bow’s campus. These community-driven workshops aim to provide an intergenerational, accessible space for artists to cultivate new work and ideas through experimentation and play within our rich, natural environment. Ideal workshops will engage participants of all experience levels, from novice to pro, and consider the specificities of Ox-Bow’s context.
Teaching artists from West Michigan, the greater Chicago area and beyond are encouraged to submit proposals to teach workshops at Ox-Bow during 2022. Workshop instructors receive a teaching stipend and a budget for instructional materials. Please note that there is no additional travel stipend available for Art on the Meadow instructors at this time; however, if an instructor does not live locally, Ox-Bow will provide room and board during the duration of their workshop.
Proposals for our 2022 spring and summer season are due on November 1, 2021!
To apply: https://ox-bow.submittable.com...
For more information: https://www.ox-bow.org/propose...
Ox-Bow has facilities to offer workshops in painting, drawing, ceramics, papermaking, printmaking, metals, and glass. We also encourage proposals in a variety of disciplines, including sound, fiber, collage, performance, sculpture, art history, photo, film, new media, writing, craft, and interdisciplinary areas. Please include the following in your proposal:
- Faculty name, email, phone number, website if applicable
- Workshop name
- Preferred workshop dates (March - August)
- Length of workshop (half day; one day; multi-session)
- Brief description of core concepts and assignments (1-3 sentences)
- Full workshop description (approximately 100 words)
- Budget/space/equipment information: Note that Ox-Bow has limited technological resources; please submit a list of equipment and materials needed for your workshop
- Not required but recommended—documentation of faculty and student work, may be in the following formats: pdf, doc, docx, txt, rtf, jpg, gif, mp3, mp4, tiff, png, mov. If this is included, please note that the program will automatically alphabetize your files, so name them accordingly. Please provide a documentation list which indicates the artist (Self or Student), title, media, etc.
Questions? Contact Claire Arctander, Campus Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 1910, Ox-Bow School of Art and Artists' Residency is an independent 501c3 arts organization with a mission to provide year-round education and residency opportunities to degree-seeking students, professional artists and those new to the field through in-person and online classes, publications, artist talks and other programs. Classes are provided for both non-credit and credit, the latter in partnership with The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. https://www.ox-bow.org/