Call for virtual/digital work for The Rumpus Room
The House Theatre of Chicago is seeking submissions for The Rumpus Room, a platform designed to explore virtual storytelling in all of its many forms. Artists of varying disciplines can submit for a virtual residency that spans from a few weeks to an entire season. All content on The Rumpus Room is accessible for free on our website.
What We’re Looking For
We accept submissions in the form of podcasts, audio plays, films, recorded readings, music, and other digital content that exemplifies courageous storytelling. At this time, we only accept work that is ready to be posted immediately - this is not a workshop, but a way for us to promote and share completed works to uplift the wider artistic community.
Timeline of Residencies
For the 2021-2022 season
The following are start dates, not duration of the slots.
- December (themes: winter, holidays, endings, rest)
- January (themes: new year, beginnings)
- March (themes: the environment, sustainability, humans in relation to the planet)
- May (themes: spring, new growth, creation)
- June (themes: summer time, playfulness, freedom)
To Submit Your Work
- For podcasts, audio plays, films, recorded readings, music: please submit a synopsis and no more than 5 pages as a sample, and/or up to 2 minutes of a recording/trailer.
- For fine art, poetry, or other writing: Please submit a synopsis or description of the pieces and up to 5 pages/pieces of work as a sample.