Call for Literary Artists: LOCUS: IX
LOCUS: IX submissions are now open for visual + literary artists!
LOCUS: IX structure will be as follows:
- Submission period for all artists is October 8th - 22nd.. All artists will be notified shortly after and the process will begin.
- Visual artists then have 3 weeks to submit a new or existing short work.
- Literary artists will receive that work by November 12th & will have 3 weeks to create a brand new work inspired by, in response to, or interpreting the literary piece.
- Both sets of artists will provide numerous additions to the work including reaction videos, recordings, image descriptions and more - all details provided throughout the experience.
- Pairings will remain anonymous until opening weekend at The Martin: December 10th + 11th.
- Literary artists will be eligible for this quarter’s micro-grant which includes a community-funded unrestricted financial grant.
Need examples of the exhibitions? Check out our show archive: https://www.locus.gallery/show...
Donations will be collected for the show itself, split between the future of the LOCUS project and our nonprofit partner for this iteration, WITS Chicago.
If you consider yourself both a literary and visual artist, you may apply for both categories. If you have participated in a previous LOCUS iteration, you’re more than welcome to submit again.
Have any questions? E-mail today!