Call for Experimental Short Videos
The 4th Annual Side/Lot Evanston Experimental Video Showcase features short, experimental videos by film and video makers who live or work in the Chicagoland region. The showcase aims to present short, experimental work by diverse creators, highlighting their unique visions and approaches to media. Each year, the works have been screened as an outdoor architectural projection at the Evanston Art Center and last year, due to COVID, the screening was in the form of a Drive In.
The debut screening will be held outdoors at the Evanston Art Center on the evening of Saturday, September 18th.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Friday, August 20th, 11:59pm
Exact time and format to be announced as the date gets closer and any COVID restrictions are defined.
Guidelines for Submission
- Work must be three minutes or less in duration.
- Video works must be appropriate for an all-ages audience.
- Work will be juried by a panel of artist/filmmakers who are based in Chicagoland.
- Student work is welcome.
- Collaborative work is welcome.
- Work that has been previously screened in the Chicagoland area is welcome.
- Videos are submitted and juried using Vimeo. There is a free account tier.
DEADLINE for submissions: Friday, August 20th, Midnight
NOTIFICATIONS Friday, September 6th
SUBMISSION FORM https://forms.gle/zxVihnvoJD7e5NTv6
FILE UPLOAD FOR STILL https://www.dropbox.com/request/dAOkv4QILEAF1GHh3k79
The Submission Form Requests the Following Information:
- Confirmation of rights to image and music for screening
- Confirmation that the video has visual title and credits
- Role and Collaborators
- Link to video on Vimeo
- Video Password (if needed)
- Still image from video submission, (jpeg 1920x1080 at 72ppi)
- 250 word project description
- 250 word filmmaker bio
For more information about information sessions and programming please sign up for our mailing list and follow us on Instagram @side.lot.
We look forward to another mind-bending Showcase!
2021 Curators and Organizers
Anne Hayden Stevens, Artist/Curator