CALL FOR ARTISTS & ARTISANS: HOLIDAY POP UP STORE
For over 10 years, The Affair of the Arts has showcased artists from the Chicago area...this year, we are doing it with a twist:
The 2021 Affair of the Arts will be a month-long pop-up store for a more COVID safe experience. This year, visitors can shop from AOTA artists on the historic Woodstock Square in the Old Courthouse Arts Center, NW of Chicago.
Store Dates: November 12 - December 12 Friday, Saturday & Sunday each week from 12:00pm - 5:00 pm.
2021 STORE LOCATION: Old Courthouse Arts Center: 101 N Johnson St, Woodstock , IL 60098
About the Location: During the Holidays, the square is beautifully lit and festive with plenty of shopping, performances & seasonal events that draw a crowd. You may recognize the historic square as the location in the film Groundhog Day.
Things to know as you submit:
– Submission fee is $25.
- Deadline to submit is Friday, Oct 29, 2021.
– Please submit a separate jury fee and application for each fine art or craft category to be considered.
– Artists who participate in the show contribute $50 for their space. This covers both November & December.
- Artist retail space is the width of a 6 ft or 8 ft table. If not using a table the depth is approx. 2.5 - 3 feet wide.
- If you have wall pieces, know that we are able to utilize the wall space using the hanging system or with nails (walls vary)
- The gallery will be staffed, so artists do not have to be at the gallery to sell work. There will be an "opening" event, date TBA.
- Sales are handled by the gallery & will reflect a 25% commission to cover overhead costs, so price accordingly!
- Artists my request to use a 6 ft gallery table for an additional $10. (tables are limited)
- If the show is able to be extended through the end of 2021, artists will have the option to keep their work in the gallery longer if they wish. (No additional space cost for this.)