Chicago Artists Coalition helps people connect with opportunities including calls for artists, jobs, grants, and art advising
Call for Art: BIG little Art Show
Peninsula School of Art is happy to introduce the first annual BIG little Art Show, a curated exhibition featuring works up to 12 inches in any direction. On display November 4, 2022 - January 28, 2023, the exhibition is perfectly timed for holiday shoppers. Award winners will be selected by public vote, featured in press releases, and posted online.
Awards: 1st Place - $300, 2nd Place - $200, 3rd Place - $100.
- October 3 - Entry deadline
- October 7 - Email notification
- October 29, 5pm - Delivery deadline
- November 4, 4:30-6pm - Opening reception
- November 30, 5pm - Public voting closes
- December 1, 2pm - Winners announced online
- January 28 - Exhibition closes
- February 4 - Last day to pick up work
- All art must be original work of the artist, made within the past five years, and not previously exhibited at PenArt.
- Each work must be 12 x 12 x 12 inches or less, including the frame or stand.
- 2D works must be dry; framed or gallery wrapped with finished edges; and ready to hang with a wire on the back.
- Wall-hanging sculpture must come with appropriate hardware.
- Artist may submit up to three works for consideration.
- All entries must be submitted online via https://www.peninsulaschoolofa... by October 3, 2022 at 11:59pm CDT.
- A non-refundable $10 entry fee must be paid at the time of submission.
- Digital images must be at least 1200 x 1200 pixels.
- Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- PenArt reserves the right to reject any submission for any reason.
Delivery and Liability
- All work must be received at 3900 County Road F, Fish Creek, WI 54212 by October 29, 2022, at 5pm CST.
- The artist is responsible for the delivery of their work to and from PenArt and all related expenses. Shipped work must include a return shipping label.
- Accepted entries must remain on display through January 28, 2023.
- While at PenArt, works will be insured for the lesser of the amount specified by the artist or 60% of the sale price.
- All work without a shipping label must be picked up January 31 - February 4, 2023, 9am-5pm. Work with a return shipping label will be shipped on February 3.
- A 40% commission on all sales will be retained by PenArt, and checks for sold works will be mailed by February 17, 2023.
- Bio (50-75 words)
- Statement (50-200 words)
- Images (at least 1200 x 1200 pixels)