Call for Applications | Artist-in-Residence Program at Peninsula School of Art
Designed for artists of all career stages, the Artists-in-Residence Program at Peninsula School of Art is an immersive studio experience offered to six visual artists each year. The program prioritizes time and space for residents to engage fully in their creative practice, experiment, and pursue new projects and ideas.
For six weeks, residents receive:
- 500+ square foot, semi-private workspace in our new Madeline Tourtelot Studio Building
- Access to our printmaking, digital, small metals, and ceramics equipment and studios.
- Fully furnished housing located directly across the street
- A studio visit with the session's Visiting Critic
- Opportunities to engage with the public about their work and process
- October 31 - December 12, 2024
- January 9 - February 20, 2025
- April 3 - May 15, 2025
- Artists must be at least 21 years of age
- Artists may not be enrolled in a degree granting program at the time of the residency
- Artists of all visual disciplines and career levels are eligible to apply.
- Small collaborative teams are eligible to apply. Please note, if selected, PenArt is only able to accommodate two members of a collaborative team to live on-site and participate in the residency.
What You Need to Apply
- Contact information
- Artist statement (150 words maximum)
- Letter of interest outlining why a residency experience is important to you at this point in time. Note, PenArt's residency program is not tied to a specific outcome or project. (500 words maximum)
- Ten samples of work completed in the last five years, including images and/or video
- Contact information for three references
- Scheduling preferences
- $35 non-refundable application fee
- All applications must be submitted via SlideRoom here. The deadline to apply is April 9, 2024.
2024-25 Residency Fee
The actual cost of supporting an artist for six weeks is $3,600. Thanks to the generous support of donors and granting organizations, the artist's contribution for an individual residency is $750. A select number of the six residencies are fully funded fellowships awarded by the selection panel.
Visit our website for more information or email Artistic Director Elysia Michaelsen at firstname.lastname@example.org