Black Spectrum: What I See, How I See It
In honor of Black History Month in February 2022, Side Street Studio Arts presents: Black Spectrum: What I See, How I See It.
Color isn’t absolute; it is relative, it is subjective and it is variable. What’s red isn’t red isn’t red. The same holds true of black. It is a spectrum of stories, perspectives, ideas, histories, and experiences. This is an open call to all artists working in any medium to interpret and express this theme of multiplicity and diversity.
The exhibition will be open to the public February 4 - February 27 with an opening reception Friday, February 4 from 6-9pm.
- Submissions must be received by Friday January 21, 2021 at midnight.
- late submissions will NOT be accepted.
- All artists and all mediums will be considered including 2d/3d visual, video/time-based works, performance-based (dance, spoken word, etc)
- Large works considered - if it fits through our door it can be shown! For specific questions regarding size, please inquire before submitting.
- Submissions will be limited to 3 works or less, including sets or triptychs.
- NO submission fees are required! Artists will be notified of their acceptance by email.
You may email images to email@example.com with the subject line "Black Spectrum."
Complete one form per piece of artwork - do not put multiple pieces on the same form, unless they are part of a series and are meant to be displayed as one artwork.